Texpedient Solutions - Introduction
Texpedient Solutions, LLC is a privately held research and design company.
Our Executive Director is Stu Btwotwo (abbreviated: stub22).
We offer expertise in software, mathematics and system analysis.
We leverage knowledge to create more flexible and efficient processes for modernizing organizations.
We do most of our work with open source tools, although we are happy to use commercial software when appropriate.
- Complex information integration, often using semantic technology (e.g. RDF, OWL, SPARQL, Jena, Protege) and ETL tools like Pentaho.
- Numerical and statistical analysis, often for financial applications (e.g. equity derivatives), using tools like R, Scilab, Octave, Matlab.
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and adaptive systems, using Cyc, LarKC, Weka, Mahout, and many other tools.
- Scalable and flexible computing using functional languages like Scala, Clojure, Erlang, and logical languages like Prolog, OWL, and F-Logic.
- Distributed architectures using cloud computing facilities such as Amazon services and Hadoop.
- Information model design and implementation using conventional (Oracle, MySQL, H2) and alternative (eXist, Memcached, MonetDB, HBase...) data stores.
- Modular, event based (and sometimes transactional) computing using tools like JMS, JBI, OSGi, ActiveMQ, Esper, RabbitMQ, 0MQ, ICE, Mule, Drools.
- Document-oriented computing, using XML, XSLT, Cocoon, eXist, and a variety of CMSs such as Daisy, Alfresco, Moodle.
- Interactive robotics using OpenCV, Javolution, JScience, R.O.S., C++, Boost, and many other tools already named above.
- Rich web GUIs, usually in Adobe Flex or OpenLaszlo.